We all know that every end product was once a raw material that has gone through a different level of extraction before it is sold to its consumers. The same is true for CBD as well. All you need is a lot of knowledge about selecting the right land for it, selecting strains or semillas marihuanas, growing and harvesting the plant, and then extracting the right CBD from the plant parts.
Cannabidiol or CBD is a chemical that is extracted from the cannabis Sativa plant. It has many therapeutic properties, which include antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant, and anti-cancer agents. There are various products of CBD such as CBD oil, CB capsules, CBD vape cartridges, and many more. For more details on purchase, you can check the website of Just CBD store which is an online site.
So here in this article, we would like to explain everything from the start to the process of getting the result.
About Cannabis Plant:
The cannabis plant was used since ancient times for its industrial and medicinal purpose. Its origin was in Central Asia. This plant is also known as a hemp plant and is used for the production of hemp seeds, hemp fiber, oils, juice, and many other medicinal purposes.
Some of the parameters to cultivate this plant:
- Many nutrients are required like nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorous. These can be provided through fertilizers. Other nutrients include sulfur, magnesium, and calcium.
- Cannabis needs warmth. Hence the temperature needs to be between 75-to-86-degree Celsius.
- They need slightly acidic to neutral soil.
- Water another important parameter without which no one can survive.
- It needs around 12 hours of light and darkness. This plays a significant role in the germination and flowering of the cannabis plant.
- It requires about 40 to 60% of relative humidity.
How to harvest and store?
Cannabis is harvested for various uses like industrial, medicinal, and smoking purposes. The harvesting starts once the seeds are fully developed. Once harvested, the buds have to dry in a controlled environment. They are then put for cure in a non-plastic container.
The extraction method used here is the CO2 extraction process. The 2 methods used here are the Supercritical and Subcritical CO2 extraction methods. Most manufacturers choose the supercritical method which includes the following steps:
- CO2 which is to be used here is placed at a temperature of -52 degrees and a pressure of 75 pounds per square inch. This is called a supercritical state.
- This CO2 is then passed through a chamber with the cannabis plant, where it acts as a gas and extracts the elements from the plant.
- In this interaction, CO2 extracts both terpenes and CBD from the plant
- This solvent is then sent through a separator where we get terpenes and CBD as 2 different compounds.
This result CBD is said to be very beneficial for fighting diseases and providing good health. It has a great potential in serving some remedies for pain, anxiety, depression, inflammation, arthritis, and many more.